Going to SUNY Purchase For Design/Tech

tdewey7

I would like to tell everyone that I have been accepted to and am now enrolled at SUNY Purchase in their Theater Design/Technology Program with a concentration in lighting design and and very excited to start my education there in the fall! I only applied to two schools and was pretty much banking on getting into Purchase, but I was quite worried. Their Design/Tech program is hard to get into I've heard, so i'm really happy that they took me! I have taken two tours there and the campus seems good, the food was good, and everyone there seemed very "art-y" and that seems perfect for me. So I can't wait to go there in the fall and see what I learn.

If anyone else is there or planning on going there, then give me a shout, I'd love to talk to you.

Peace :dance:

Congratulations! I am currently looking for colleges and submitted my application to SUNY Purchase, but had to withdraw it. I hope to do a year at either New England School of Communications, or Keene State College, and then transfer to Ithaca or SUNY Purchase. Congrats!

I'm still in high school and I'll be a senior next year and Purchase is also one of the schools I've been looking at. I've decided to either major in Theater design or Technical Director and minor in creative writing. My English teacher recommended me to look into Emerson but it;s a bit too much for me, going to another state and all. And one of my friends has earned a full scholarship at SUNY New Paltz so I'll look into them as well. But, because I'm a bit tight on money at the moment, so I think i'm going to go to one of the Suffolk Community Colleges because I've heard they have an excellent theater program. Congratulations on your acceptance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back