Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen

so how's it going? just start off saying this is an incredibly wonderful feeling to be in a community of techies. we control the world of production...and its good. i just graduated high school and have all my experience from a terrible auditorium. me and my partner made it work, adding new led lights during shows and such, even making our own fly system, and we got paid, so it was nice. i have knowledge in all fields of tech, but my love is behind stage, rather than in the booth, working as a stage hand and building the sets, that's where I work the best.

Actually, this is a community of technicians. There aren't any "techies" here!

In any event, welcome to Controlbooth! We're glad you're here. I must warn you though, aside from using the term techie, Controlbooth does not condone the practice of building makeshift fly systems or the discussion of doing so. While I'm [morbidly] curious as to what you used and what you used it for, I really don't think I want to know.

Sorry my welcome post is more like a lecture, I just wanted to let you know of two of the biggest things to avoid around here!

Hope you have fun!

Last edited:
fair enough, point well taken, though i just couldnt help it...me and my partner are very proud of it

Great! I think it's important to be proud of everything you work on! The feeling of pride and ownership is what drove me in high school theatre.

Now get to posting! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back