GrandMA 3D on Multiple Computers

AxlD1234

I've been playing around with grandMA 3 and MA 3D and i was wondering if there was anyway i could run GrandMA 3 on one computer and MA 3D on another and it would work right? i have no been able to find any information on this right now.

It would work, but you'd need to have the computers connected to a network switch or to the same WiFi/LAN Network. Then you need to find the IP address of the computers and then create a session with those IPs. However if your router does not have static IPs assigned and you restart the router, it might change the IPs and then you'd have to reconfigure. I feel like it would just be easier to have dual monitors if that is a possibility. I have 2 monitors on my desktop and I use grandMA2 and grandMA 3D together and it is very convenient.

Right now the computers are on the same network. right now i do currently have multiple monitors on my computer. but im looking for both of the monitors for the board

It's perfectly possible and I wouldn't even go as far as saying it'd be easier to keep it on the same computer. The entire GrandMA2 system is designed around multi-console, multi-user sessions and in onPC terms, each computer is treated as a console by the system. Since you can't run MA3D on an MA2 console, it makes obvious sense that MA2 console users have to run MA3D on a network connected computer, so why shouldn't onPC users do it too?

There are instructions for how to do it in the MA3D Manual / Release Notes. It's pretty simple but like has been said, the computers need to networked in the same LAN / WLAN.

It's easy, network the two computers, give them both ips in the 192.168.0.xxx range (different numbers on each computer) make sure the console software and MA3D are seeing the correct IP for their console and then start a session in MAonpc in the networks window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back