grandMA2 PC/ grandMA 3D

mr28loun

Does anyone have a old stage file, and show file for both of the two newest of these, I need to show the capabilites to the owner of my dj company, hes looking for a high end way to do previz for his office lighting and what not, he really likes this idea, but neither of us have the time to develop one, it doesnt need to be too complex, but enough to show live band style lighting, a few par cans, and a couple moving heads.

Look into WYSIWYG, they have demo. It lets you draw it all out in CAD and then add in all the gear you want. It would only take 1/2 an hour to do.

Beware WYSIWYG's CAD. While I like WYG, I avoid CADing in it at all costs. I use 3ds MAX, but I'm assuming you don't have a CAD application to create 3D models of your venues, so you'll be doing a fair amount of modeling in the future. You might as well get started learning with grandMA 3D now. If you had enough time to create this topic and wait for a response, you have had enough time to throw together a small rig with a showfile.

Beware WYSIWYG's CAD. While I like WYG, I avoid CADing in it at all costs. I use 3ds MAX, but I'm assuming you don't have a CAD application to create 3D models of your venues, so you'll be doing a fair amount of modeling in the future. You might as well get started learning with grandMA 3D now. If you had enough time to create this topic and wait for a response, you have had enough time to throw together a small rig with a showfile.
well i have the time to write this and wait for a response, but i dont have the time to sit down infront of the computer, and learn the program, as well as throw stuff together i looked at it, but to use both simultaneously with just one monitor at the moment seems really difficult...

I'm sure that if you sent an email to joe@actlighting, he could provide you with demo show files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back