Greetings from SF Bay Area...

ckorbas99

Hi, new member from SF Bay area, California. Starting providing sound for local girl scout council 5 years ago using one microphone and a guitar amplifier. Has grown from there to DJing school dances and graduation parties. I do it all for free but it has become somewhat of a hobby. Am swapping out my current lighting effects (Mostly dumb/sound activated effects) for smarter more capbable ones. Have a DMX controller coming in the mail right now and found the group by searching for DMX advice. Will be running two Chauvet ColorPalettes and a moonflower for now via the Chauvet Obey 10 and am just getting started in the 'smart' side of the lighting biz. I look forward to learning from all your combined decades/centuries of experience...

Ckorbas99

Welcome to the ControlBooth!

The seeds of interests certainly sound as though they have germinated for you, Ckorbas99. Many successful companies have begun in such a way. By providing volunteer support for a worthy cause or two (with a healthy dose of care and attention) people take notice and the ball picks up speed.
I'm glad you found the ControlBooth while searching for additional 'nuts & bolts' knowledge regarding DMX, there is a wealth of design education to be had from the gaggle of lighting folk that interact here as well. You have come to the right place-

Once again, welcome to the 'Booth- we look forward to hearing from you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back