Hang Tags

atsugi

so I am at a company that uses several venues with IATSE crews, We use our version of hang tags which is a 3" piece of burlap taped to the floor and has pieces of paper attached to it with the hanging position information on it. It is a quick and dirty method but was wondering if there was another style of hang tags that would be more efficient have less of a chance of moving an could be setup quickly. I don't have much time when I get to the venue to place things, and the plot is not sent early to the venue. (don't ask me why that is just the way it is, I started 3 months ago and that was the answer given to me)

Similar to @venuetech's solution, you could use a roll of nylon webbing and affix color coded stickers with all of the instrument info. Some of the hang tapes I've worked with have a different color of sticker depending on the unit type. The sticker usually has the information written on it as well, such as: Unit Type, Unit Number, Dimmer, DMX address, Color, and Template.

BUT @venuetech's is quicker and cheaper.

Quick and dirty(literally more dirty), use a tape measure and mark the pipe with chalk. On truss you can use tape or printed labels to pre mark in the shop, just number your trusses you they get bolted together correctly. I'f you want to be nice, use some wet wipes to clean the pipe one your hang is done.

I think taping the burlap hang tape to the floor would be faster than tieing it to the pipe; not sure which would save time overall - I can readily see the tape tied to the being more convienent to read during the hang.

I've never seen nor heard of placing a hang tape on the floor. It's pretty much some version tied to the pipe.

I would think having on the floor would be hard to read, not to mention people kicking and stepping on it.

I've never seen nor heard of placing a hang tape on the floor. It's pretty much some version tied to the pipe.

I would think having on the floor would be hard to read, not to mention people kicking and stepping on it.

I make the font large enough to read from my height (6'1") It is 16pt and the instrument is in red font. The crew hasn't said anything about it being too small, but yeah, my fear is kicking and stepping on the burlap. But the taping it to the floor is very quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back