Hanging Moving Lights in a Weird Position

Good point about the Mega-Sidearm not being 1.9" OD. OOPS!
I did see that City Theatrical has a Safer Sidearm model 210M that would work. I'm just trying to hang them out from the catwalk, not necessarily below it.

I do like the idea of having some upside-down Ts made from Schedule 40 1.9" OD pipe and using two cheeseboroughs to attach to the two rails, is that what you were suggesting?

Yup that's what I was suggesting. Although the safer sidearms would work great if you did want to go out in front.

I am curious about these inverted T-bars, who makes them, how are they rigged?
MacQuantumProfile.PNG

tumblr_inline_nv7xgoYtJm1tclbm5_540.jpg

Also just to throw another wrench into the pot, make sure to consider maintenance. Even if this is a short run, can you easily access the unit if it needs service?

I am curious about these inverted T-bars, who makes them, how are they rigged?
I don't know if any are made commercially--I don't think I've ever seen them in a catalog (Thomas, Tomcat, Global, Applied, etc.; but! http://www.doughty-engineering.co.uk/shop/163/164/index.htm )--they always seem to just appear. I've never seen them made from anything other than 50mm aluminum tube. Not too difficult for one experienced in TIG welding. They're rigged from two horizontal members in the same plane (one side of box truss) with two aluminum either rigid or swivel cheeseborough s. The ones in the picture hanging from the arch would obviously need to be swivel CB s.

Also just to throw another wrench into the pot, make sure to consider maintenance. Even if this is a short run, can you easily access the unit if it needs service?

Under the catwalk can be a problem. For me, once hung I can barely reach the locks, and seeing the screen is impossible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back