Automated Fixtures Having troubles connecting Martin Mac 500 with EDI Bijou 48/96 Ver. 2.00 including CF

Hi, my name is Matt. I'm the tech manager and lighting designer/producer at my high-school. We have a decent sized auditorium with 96 dimmers/faders. We have an EDI Bijou Ver. 2.00 48/96. Along with it we have the Control Freak which is used to control moving fixtures. My first problem is that the main control board will not recognize the Control Freak. Under the Bijou's setting menu, is checked yes for CF enable. I connected a five pin xlr from the back of the Control Freak to the Input terminal on the back of the Bijou, and the whenever I press the setup buttons on the Control Freak, nothing happens on the screen. So, if you have any input that would be greatly appreciated! After fiddling with that, I decided to try just hooking up the mover to the DMX #2 slot with a 5-pin XLR to 3-Pin XLR and try running it from subs on the board. Sub 1 pan, Sub 2 gobo, etc. Well, I'm not sure how to do that exactly. I understand the DMX 512 concept. Since its in DMX #2, it goes from 513-1024. I'm pretty sure that if I set the channel on the light as 001, then the board should recognize it as value 513. Does anyone know how I to set the channels for a Mac 500? Any help would be great! Thanks, Matt.

Re: Having troubles connecting Martin Mac 500 with EDI Bijou 48/96 Ver. 2.00 includin

Regarding your EDI Bijou, I would get in to contact with Alan Child. If he can't figure it out, no one can.

Here's his contact info.

Alan Child
Welcome to the Frontpage
Phone: 503-781-7361

I've spoken with him on the phone and he is an extremely friendly and knowledgeable guy.

Re: Having troubles connecting Martin Mac 500 with EDI Bijou 48/96 Ver. 2.00 includin

... Does anyone know how I to set the channels for a Mac 500? Any help would be great! Thanks, Matt.
[Menu] [Enter] up or down arrow until the display shows "dadr". [Enter] up or down arrow until the display shows the desired DMX address. [Enter] [Menu] [Menu].

The MAC500 can also run in four different personality modes: DMX1-DMX4, using 12, 14 or 16 channels. See the manual for specific functions, and how to change if desired. http://www.martin.com/service/downloadfile.asp?name=UM_MAC500_EN_E.PDF&cat=65

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back