Control/Dimming Issue with Lee Colortran ENR 96 Dimmer Rack

I know Lite-Trol and my clients loved their work. Completely rebuilt a 5 rack + aux bays and architectural controls for under $50k. Their local dealer had quoted $400k to replace. All works fine.

No knowledge of Knight but that doesn't mean anything.

Hi all

Me again. I was wondering if any of you all know what other light boards work with the Lee Colortran ENR 96 Dimmer rack? I now that other light boards work with it because my theater was being rented out to a different group and they brought in ETC Express board and was able to connect it to the control cable for the Colortran ENR 96 and it worked. Mind you there is only 12 dimmers that work due to the power constraints. The current board I am using with the system is a Lee Colortran Status 24/48 a real work horse of a light board. I have also used this board with other dimmer systems when doing a smaller show in a different location on DMX protocol and not Colortran Protocol .

Also anyone know if the Lee Colortran ENR 96 Dimmer rack work with LED lighting? I have lots of LED lights and if it works with them I will use those as my primary lights and the non LED as backups.

Thanks

Jim

I was wondering if any of you all know what other light boards work with the Lee Colortran ENR 96 Dimmer rack?
I don't think there's a light board made today that doesn't output DMX512, so you're golden there. Eos/Ion/Element, grandMA2, Hog4; the list is endless.

Also anyone know if the Lee Colortran ENR 96 Dimmer rack work with LED lighting?
(With very few exceptions), LED fixtures should not be powered via an ENR rack. (Unless fitted with constant power or air-gap relay modules, which I don't think Colortran ever made for that rack.)

Hi all

Me again. I was wondering if any of you all know what other light boards work with the Lee Colortran ENR 96 Dimmer rack? I now that other light boards work with it because my theater was being rented out to a different group and they brought in ETC Express board and was able to connect it to the control cable for the Colortran ENR 96 and it worked. Mind you there is only 12 dimmers that work due to the power constraints. The current board I am using with the system is a Lee Colortran Status 24/48 a real work horse of a light board. I have also used this board with other dimmer systems when doing a smaller show in a different location on DMX protocol and not Colortran Protocol .

Also anyone know if the Lee Colortran ENR 96 Dimmer rack work with LED lighting? I have lots of LED lights and if it works with them I will use those as my primary lights and the non LED as backups.

Thanks

Jim
The ENR 96 rack accepts both CMX and DMX but defaults to CMX (Colortran protocol) as a default upon power up. If you want it to accept DMX, hit the "reset" buttons on the control modules after turning on your DMX console. You can then turn your DMX console on and off and the rack will continue to be in DMX mode. However, if the rack looses power or you turn it off, it will revert to CMX.

You can power LED fixtures from the ENR rack if you obtain some non-dim (constant power) modules. Do not power LED fixtures from a dimmer module, even if the module is set or parked at full, as the power devices in the dimmer module do not output "clean" power. As the non-dim modules are hard to come by, you can send an ENR module with defective power devices to Steve Short at Lite-trol and he can convert it to a non-dim module for a very reasonable cost. Note you must manually operate the circuit breakers on the module to send power to your LED fixtures.

Sorry, I missed this from your first post.
and I have about 4 constant mods.
If in fact they are constant modules with no electronics in them (and not broken SSR gated closed), you're fine plugging the LEDs into these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back