Hello CB Folks

jt3

I stumbled across this site today...looks like it is just what I need. I am the design services manager at a historic site. We have a haunted house fundraiser in the fall and many other events throughout the year.

I am an electrical/electronics engineer by degree, have done a lot of industrial maintenance, and now am in the entertainment industry!

I have given myself a crash course in DMX and theatrical lighting. I have more questions every time I plug in a unit and get more and more excited about the things DMX can do every time I program a fixture. I also do sound reinforcement here (oh, hello 70v systems!) and everything else that falls under that "tech" label.

I look forward to digging through the threads here!

Welcome to the Booth! You'll find a wide mix of people here working together as a community to help each other out. If you want to learn about DMX Let me suggest a book for you. Practical DMX by Nick Mobsby. I think it's also available on Kindle now for half that. It's a great easy to read, easy to understand book. If you have specific questions you can't find in a book, post them in the lighting forum, and one of our many experts will answer them.

Don't miss the Wiki, it's full of vast quantities of information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back