Hello from the green guy in black

1deejay

Well, I am just about to get into work as a technician. (I have a good networker helping me find leads)

I am out of town and have been for a while finishing some previous commitments and I'm about to go into school.

I love doing all sorts of tech work my favorite being sound, and I am going to school as a theatre education major really just to get used to everything because I've already been onstage, all over backstage including lights, sound, costume, make-up, heavy construction (Barricade for Les Mis), and running crew. Also been in the pit once.

Basically I am knowledgable but I know I'm still green and I still don't know a lot of terms. You may have guessed I have most of my experience from high school performing arts classes. Also from community work.

I've gone through and read a few of these threads and I like what I see here. I'm glad that there is a website where we can all work/think together to create great shows.

That's me in a nutshell, any questions?

Welcome! Your honesty about your lack of professional experience is refreshing. So often we see the opposite from students who first come to us. Realizing this will serve you well in your future educational ventures. Be sure to check out our Wiki. With over 3000 terms, it will really help you bridge that gap you admittedly have. Let us know how we can help you.

I hope you enjoy your time here with us!

~Dave

I do have plenty of experience, I've had the marvelous opportunity to work with several professionals and even helped run a show as stage manager for John Schmidt for those who know who he is.

But I do lack in experience as well. Like I said, the whole list of terms I will learn during my time as a technician is one of several. I'm excited to finally get into it. Thanks for your support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back