Hello!

CMLDesign

Hello Controlbooth!

Ive joined a few other forums lately and today ran across this one! My name is Crystal and I recently moved to New York city after completing my MFA at Carnegie Mellon. Im primarily a lighting designer but sparked an interest in media design as well after my first LDI in 2007 so Im constantly trying to improve my knowledge base in that area as well. I design for all types of projects including theatre, special events, architecture, TV, dance, etc.

I really do find forums like this helpful and efficient for getting answers from people who understand the work I do and are willing to help. Thanks and Glad to be here!

Ive joined a few other forums lately and today ran across this one!

I design for all types of projects including theatre, special events, architecture, TV, dance, etc.

I really do find forums like this helpful and efficient for getting answers from people who understand the work I do and are willing to help.

Welcome Crystal, glad you chose to join us here at the ControlBooth. There is a diverse mix of disciplines and experience levels here, but all posters have something in common- they are passionate about their craft and are their involvement in the arts community.

Have you by chance joined an architectural lighting forum that represents a diverse crowd, similar to the ControlBooth?

Glad you noticed the value here at the ControlBooth- welcome!

...they are passionate about their craft and are their involvement in the arts community...

Well...most of them... :twisted:

Have you by chance joined an architectural lighting forum that represents a diverse crowd, similar to the ControlBooth?

I havent joined any specific architectural forums yet. Im making the rounds....Prolighting space, Theatreface, Controlbooth, ISquint,JimOnLight,etc.

Linked in has a new forum called lighting innovations which I think is moderated by Phillips but at the moment its mostly LED based discussions. That is probably the most architecturally based forum I have found so far. Any recomendations for other architectural or entertainment based resources to look into?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back