Wireless HELP! Does a TA4F > 1/8" micro plug adapter exist?

mustangmo

I am currently utilizing two wireless PA systems Megavox and Long Ranger. I work for a state agency in a budget crisis. Speakers and transmitters work fine, it is the mic's I need to replace. The Long Ranger transmitters use a 1/8" micro plug, and the Megavox use TA4F. We have purchased a couple of wireless microphones for the Megavox, which are much less $ than the ones for the Long Ranger. I have researched adaptors...but have not found one that would allow the above mentioned configuration. Any suggestions?

If you find it in your heart to respond, please keep in mind that my electrical and audio knowledge is equal to that of a .40 cal. bullet. :grin:

Find / ask / bribe someone who knows how to put a 1/8" plug onto one of the other mics having cut the existing plug off...

Thanks for the help Chris! But I need to be able to use the one mic on both systems, not purchase additional mic's to retrofit the old system.... not to mention...none of us is capable of doing what you suggest, for any amount of bribing! :(

You might be able to build one, but I'm not sure if anyone makes a cable mount TA4M connector... You'd be better off to have a bake sale and just buy the mic you need. Shure mics (WL93) go for $60 or so last I bought one, might have gone up by now.

They do make TA4F to XLR adapters so all you would have to do would be buy one of those (Full Compass seems to be pushed here) and then get an XLR to 1/8" adapter. I am not actually sure if they make those... but you could get it to a 1/4" and then have a 1/4" to a 1/8".

Basically, you would have an adapter to an adapter to an adapter. But thats only if you can't find someone that knows how to solder cables. It shouldn't be that hard in theory to make what you need, but I would say that it is slightly above the level of a novice Solderer.

Good Luck!

You might be able to build one, but I'm not sure if anyone makes a cable mount TA4M connector... You'd be better off to have a bake sale and just buy the mic you need. Shure mics (WL93) go for $60 or so last I bought one, might have gone up by now.
Thanks MB... Just paid $68x2 for lapel mic's that fit Megavox. We are firarms instructors.... our baking skills leave alot to be desired.... :(

They do make TA4F to XLR adapters so all you would have to do would be buy one of those (Full Compass seems to be pushed here) and then get an XLR to 1/8" adapter. I am not actually sure if they make those... but you could get it to a 1/4" and then have a 1/4" to a 1/8".

Basically, you would have an adapter to an adapter to an adapter. But thats only if you can't find someone that knows how to solder cables. It shouldn't be that hard in theory to make what you need, but I would say that it is slightly above the level of a novice Solderer.

Good Luck!
Thank you CYHMN! Sounds like after I request a purchase of 3 adapters, I would have spent the same a a mic...and would be denied again by purchasing!:(

Is See Our Sound (1-866-376-9302), Liberty Platinum 7500 from Anchor Audio. , Item number 6000-18P [Adapter Cable for WB-6000, TA4F (Mini-XLR) to 1/8" ]
proxy.php

what is desired? No guarantee that the pin-out will be correct for this application, however.

Good Luck!
Explination of "Full Compass" would help?

I would not consider 3 adapters to be a suitable solution... This is plugging into a beltpack...
DL, you have the wrong gender of TiniQ, that looks lie it would work to connect something like an iPod to a beltpack transmitter
Full Compass, located in Madison, Wisconsin, is an online vendor of many things audio and / or visual.

I'd build you the adapter for the cost of parts, but the shipping will kill that idea...

Last edited by a moderator:
I would not consider 3 adapters to be a suitable solution... This is plugging into a beltpack...
DL, you have the wrong gender of TiniQ, that looks lie it would work to connect something like an iPod to a beltpack transmitter
Full Compass, located in Madison, Wisconsin, is an online vendor of many things audio and / or visual.

I'd build you the adapter for the cost of parts, but the shipping will kill that idea...
Sweet of you!!!:p

Explination of "Full Compass" would help?

Full Compass

From their website,
Full Compass is a national leader in Professional Audio, Professional Video, A/V and Lighting sales. For over 30 years, our goal has been to provide the best possible value with exceptional customer service. We offer over 700 top equipment brands including, Shure, Yamaha, Panasonic, Sony, JBL, Sennheiser, Sanyo, QSC, Audio-Technica, Crown and much more. We also provide services such as computer systems integration, lighting design, and rentals. Full Compass is an authorized service center and parts distributor for most of the major manufacturers we carry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back