Help me identify this microphone

JTP

So I picked up a bunch of used gear today and the owner threw in this mic for free because neither of us knew what it was, the label is ripped off right where the model number would be. It's an AT, the model number ends in 5, and it's a hypercardioid dynamic. Can anyone shed some light on what it is so I can look it up?

Also, as you can see, it's missing the knob and other bits that hold the stand mount on - anyone know where I can get replacement parts?

Thanks for looking.

mystery_mic.jpg

It's starting to look like it's a good thing I didn't pay for this. Plugged it into my board to give it a simple test and I got no signal from it. Took off the windscreen and it looks like the internals have been messed with. The whole internals came out without much effort and the wires aren't even connected to the XLR plug anymore - looks like they got ripped off.

Even worse, the screw (which seems to be why the label was peeled off in the first place, the screw is accessed from underneath it) that holds the XLR plug in the body of the mic appears to have been drilled out, but the plug still won't move.

I took the internal part and touched the wires to an XLR cable plugged into my board to test it, but I got no sound from it that way either. I think it's pretty much a lost cause from any angle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back