Automated Fixtures Help me pick an LED striplight

NevilleLighting

I'm looking to buy some LED striplights for a local theatre. Price is an issue so I'm looking more mid-market. Not looking for top of the line nor am I looking for the cheapest possible. These strips would actually be used as a wide backlight wash. PAR's would be better but I am limited on amperage into the building so electricity is an issue. Also, gel purchasing/cutting/installing is a labor time and money issue. I.E., these people will never take care of that so the first color they buy will be burned clear within a few months.

So, if you have suggestions, throw them my way! Thanks!

David

I'd take a look at the Chauvet COLORado range.

I've had very good success with Longman's 420 strip.

proxy.php

60 one watt diodes featuring RGBAW color mixing. This allows you to create theatrical flesh tones not achievable using only RGB.

proxy.php

CB member Bill (BillESC) sold us some excellent ones for a great price.

The first thing I'll say is some thing I say to many of my customers. Just because it is not round does not mean it won't work like a PAR. Don't get hung-up on a "PAR shaped" light.
I feel the ETC Selador gives you the most bang for the buck. Very bright. Take a look at their website for great tutorials and videos. Chroma Q has some good units as well. I'm curious to see the new color force 12 at LDI this week.
The biggest problem with most of the low to mid range products is the multi-shadowing. ETC, Chroma Q, Altman and CK have done a great job at eliminating that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back