Help mounting par 56 in gymnasium.... Help!!!!

nobraon

Need to mount four par 56 cans on the back of a basketball backboard once it has been raised to its upright position..Weird I know, but this has to be a temporary non permanent install for 2 weeks...

I can perhaps get away with jaw style clamps that will not mar the finish of the backboard
And then safety cable them off to the higher metal parts?

Any advise here? The only area is really the backboard in front of the stage
And that is where the guy who is paying me wants them......thanks!!!

What kind of back board? What kind of supports? Round pipe, square pipe, angle iron, Unistrut or ?

Perhaps you could chesseborough a pipe to the supports? I'd have to see whats there to really make a recommendation. Could be easy.

Its an older wooden one on a pulley system
I would uaing the bottom edge of it..
Imagine just a peice of wood three or four inches thick
I cant use the rqils or piping up top
When it is raised to its original resting position
The back of it has a nice straight run
Thqt the producer wants to hand four pars from

There must be some kind of clamp that will allow me
To mount them like a jaw clamp or something
I have made pipe bars from glavanized pipe
For other pars inside of the stage ceiling...
Any help? Tere must be a jaw type clamp out there somewhere?

You could mount the four pars to a length of Uni-strut or versabar and then use standard wood shop clamps to affix the strut to the backboard. Still safety each of the fixtures.

Thanks guys i will look at your suggestions, the pars are not super heavy and construction clamps and safety cables will probably work very well...thanks again!

Thanks guys i will look at your suggestions, the pars are not super heavy and construction clamps and safety cables will probably work very well...thanks again!

Hold on. How are you attaching these construction clamps to the lights? If they are not bolted together, thats a bad plan (Im envisioning some sort of situation where they are clamped on the yolks). If for no other reason than you will want to focus them, and need to loosen the clamps and it will be a royal pain. A piece of uni-strut is not that expensive, and will only need 2 clamps for 4 lights, and you can focus the lights in a standard method.

Spansets and shackles around the wood. Drill a couple holes in the sidewalls of a pipe, near the ends. Run some safeties through the holes, out the ends, then safety around the wood. Clamp your pars to your pipe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back