HELP NEED!! Need to figure out what colors i should put on 2 catwalks in a theater

i need to find some colors to put on some fixture i have in a theater for a front wash. i have
10 selecons
2- 40 degrees
5- 30 degrees
3- 20 degrees

20 lekos

i have many gels but just cant seem to figure out a good way to make a front wash look better. Right know i have amber in all of them and it just looks pretty boring.
plz help need to figure and idea by the end of this week.

Re: HELP NEED!! Need to figure out what colors i should put on 2 catwalks in a theate

There is always the option of doing a single wash in R119 (possibly some L202/L203 in there) from the front, and moving other units to the sides/back/top/foot/box booms/wherever else you feel that light might want to come from and use that to add interest to your look, while you just illuminate actors from the front position. Sorry this is a bit late...

Re: HELP NEED!! Need to figure out what colors i should put on 2 catwalks in a theate

The basic combination of a light amber (Rosco 02 or Apollo 7650) and a pale blue (Rosco 60 or Apollo 4750) is always a winner.
Two basic strategies for hanging:
1) Double hang them, meaning two fixtures side by side pointing at the same thing one blue, one amber.
2)Do a basic McCandless wash. One light comes in from one side of the theater at a 45 degree angle from center with an amber Gel while another light points at the same area from the other side of the theater at a 45 degree angle from center with a blue gel. The extreme left and right area don't quite blend out evenly so I like to fix this by double hanging just the far left and far right fixtures. If you have the fixtures, adding a neutral color coming from straight ahead toward each area of the stage can really help smooth it all out (for an amber/blue wash I like to use Rosco 99 or Apollo 7100 as my center neutral color).

Below is a picture of a basic McCandless Wash from www.StageSpot.com
8445-help-need-need-figure-out-what-colors-i-should-put-2-catwalks-theater-colormix2.jpg

Attachments

• colormix2.jpg
    colormix2.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 226

Users who are viewing this thread

Back