Help with automated lighting recommendation for a school theater

For the movers you might have a look at the Rogue R2 Wash. Yes it's a wash light, but it zooms very narrow - down to 12 degrees. Very nice unit, gives you a great warm white as well as plenty of colors. I've used them in many different situations - including theatrical frontlight specials - and they're great. MAP is $1500 so they're definitely in the sub-$2k category. Not as hard edged as an ellipsoidal, but arguably more versatile depending on the application. 3 of those on a front pipe could also serve as front fill light; I've used 5 as front fill and theatrical specials in a mid-size proscenium space before. Not as the only front light mind you, but in addition to a front wash of LED lekos.

Interesting idea, I'll throw it into the mix. We don't need a hard edge from these I wouldn't think.

One potential downside to the IQue Is beam spread. Some wide beam spreads are wider than the mirror.

I need to run the beam calculation but I believe it will be a 26 degree or even a 19, and it's safely out of sight in a cove.

A moveable mirror + iris stuck onto an ellipsoidal just seems like such a kludge, but it's what I've used on most every show due to budget restraints so what can I say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back