Control/Dimming Help with ETC Element and Luminair

Kman987

Hi guys.

I'm new. Hopefully posting this question in the right area.
I apologize if I'm not.

We have an Element 60, 500 channel board in our newly refinished High School theatre.
I'm the only one who is trained and knows how to use it. It's so "wonderful" being the only point of contact.... Kidding. :|

I have tried to connect iRFR preview using an Airport express, and an iPad mini/iPhone.
I want to verify that I can actually get the devices working before I buy the full fledged app. I am in the Cisco networking academy, so I know the basics about networking and IP structure, etc.

I was able to get my iPhone connected and to pull up my cue list, but was unable to get my iPad mini working with it. I used an airport express, connected the console to the WAN port, and did all of the static addressing properly.

Any help?

My second question, is this: Can the "luminair" iPad app work with my console? How can I get it set up? I've looked around and tried to find documentation for it, but it wasn't very helpful.

Thank you guys for your help. I really appreciate it.

Welcome to Control Booth and this is fine area for such a question.

I recommend documentation from ETC: iRFR: How to Setup Your Wireless Network - Electronic Theatre Controls

As you know networks can vary, however the basics are really all that is needed. In fact it is more than likely that something unnecessary is what is getting in the way. If your phone works but not the pad then the problem likely with the pad.

And;
Luminair will not talk to the Element. It is intended as a console replacement not a helper. Just because they both do DMX on a network doesn't mean they talk to each other.

Good luck in your endeavors,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back