Control/Dimming Help with ETC Ion Midi Show Control

Hello all!
I am currently gearing up for my school's end of year showcase in which i will be doing a one song light show a midst a slew of other acts. I am going to be programming all of the lights on an ETC Ion and controlling all sound/video/lights needs via "Multiplay". For those of you who don't know, "Multiplay" is a PC version of QLab, in that it controls sound/lights/video. The way i intend on running lights is by sending Midi Program Changes from Multiplay to the Ion. Yet for some reason, the Ion is not "hitting go" when i do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello all!
I am currently gearing up for my school's end of year showcase in which i will be doing a one song light show a midst a slew of other acts. I am going to be programming all of the lights on an ETC Ion and controlling all sound/video/lights needs via "Multiplay". For those of you who don't know, "Multiplay" is a PC version of QLab, in that it controls sound/lights/video. The way i intend on running lights is by sending Midi Program Changes from Multiplay to the Ion. Yet for some reason, the Ion is not "hitting go" when i do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, the Ion only supports MIDI show control or MIDI Time Code. Having gotten that out of the way, is MIDI IN enabled on the Ion? Does the channel its listening on match the channel the PC is sending on?

You're going to want to take a look at this manual for how to go about configuring the Ion and what it can and can not do via show control. http://www.etcconnect.com/docs/docs_downloads/manuals/Eos_Family_Show_Control_User_Guide_RevA.pdf

As Bob said, ION does not support Program Changes, you need to use Show Control or Notes. Show Control being the easiest to setup and use. QLab can do MSC, I've never heard of Multiplay, so I don't know anything about its capabilities. If it is capable, I would be happy to help you get it up and running.

-Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back