Help with finding radio broadcasts

I'm working on sound design for a University production, and I need to find news radio broadcasts, from the 1930s, in French. I know that I could probably find them easily if I could read French, but I do not. Could anyone point me to someplace online where I might find these recordings? Thanks.

Well google, can translate most of it for you, but after 10 mins of searching I'm not coming up with much myself. I would write a script walk over to the Foreign Lang Dept and ask them to read what you wrote down in French. Then add the old timey filters and what not to age it.

Well google, can translate most of it for you, but after 10 mins of searching I'm not coming up with much myself. I would write a script walk over to the Foreign Lang Dept and ask them to read what you wrote down in French. Then add the old timey filters and what not to age it.
That was my first thought too. Find a decent french speaker, have them read some news relevant to what you need and then put effects on it until happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back