Help with Training Room Sound

Hawks64

I need a little help here since this is outside of my area of expertise. We are building a new training room, and I have been tasked with getting the sound system purchased, installed and setup. This room is roughly 30x30 with a 12 foot drop ceiling. The seating area will be a set of 4 risers where the ceiling will be about 8 1/2 foot at the last riser. We want to be able to use a microphone and possibly PC audio. I have no idea how a system like this works, or how many speakers would be needed. I found a site called proacousticsusa.com and they have a few in ceiling speaker kits but I want to educate myself a bit prior to going with anything. What I would like to know is this.
I know I need either a powered mixer, or a mixer with a separate amp. I know I need a few speakers, but looking at the mixers and amps online (looked a few Bogens) it appears as if there is only one speaker output per type (4ohm, 70v, etc) Do you just hook up the speakers in series? Are there any brands to stay away from?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back