Hey everyone! It's me, DVLBL!

DVLBL

But really, you can call me Bill. I had no idea that a forum existed for techies. This is really neat!
Ill just post my bio here. Let's be friends and I look forward to possibly collaborating with you!

Hey everyone! I've been involved in some aspect of technical theatre since high school. Right now I'm in my last semester of college (undergrad) and I'm looking into possibly moving to NYC and joining the IATSE local there. Being the only technical theatre major at my college has really given me the advantage of learning a lot in my years there. The journey is long, but I'm determine to make my dreams of being a stagehand in NY a reality. (but I'm also open to awesome alternatives as well)

you might want to look into how much work its going to take to get into the union in new york. Its a very sought after union and there are hundreds trying for the few positions they open. Whats wrong with your current local?

I know there's a ton of work involved, whether it's the organized list or the apprenticeship test. I am not in any local at the moment because I'm still in school, but i am open to the idea of joining a different local. It's just a dream to get into local 1. I'm willing to work hard for it, and I have some time to get more experience post-grad. In reality, as long as I can do what I love to do, I'll be happy. :)

Welcome to The Booth! As you think about your future, stop by our education and career development forum and post your questions. There are a lot of people here who have been down that road ahead of you and can give you good advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back