Hey, I thought we could share pictures of our shows...

I am trying to get into wedding and event design len, if it pays the bills, don't knock it!

Mike

Not at all. Weddings are nearly all we do anymore. But that event was fairly basic compared to a lot of the stuff we do. Most run to 30 - 40 set-up man-hours and budgets are much larger. That one was fairly small in comparison.

Not at all. Weddings are nearly all we do anymore. But that event was fairly basic compared to a lot of the stuff we do. Most run to 30 - 40 set-up man-hours and budgets are much larger. That one was fairly small in comparison.

Gotcha. How did you break into that field? So as not to hijack the thread (can you hijack a 10+ page thread) can you back channel me?

Mike

I haven't got any pictures of productions, all I have are some crew pictures and pictures from Battle of the Bands.

Battle of the Bands:
http://www.hostedonharris.co.uk/her....DownloadItem&g2_itemId=917&g2_serialNumber=2
http://www.hostedonharris.co.uk/her....DownloadItem&g2_itemId=911&g2_serialNumber=2
http://www.hostedonharris.co.uk/her....DownloadItem&g2_itemId=929&g2_serialNumber=2

The Crew:
http://www.hostedonharris.co.uk/her....DownloadItem&g2_itemId=890&g2_serialNumber=2

EDMEDIT: Don't ask me anything about what we used - I wasn't involved in any of the above! :)

Oh, and you can never have enough elec tape ;)

Last edited:
Wow, that's awesome, Tyler. Quick questions: what lights did you use for back wall, and what console did you use to run them?

Thanks guys. They looked a lot better live since the pictures only show one frame.

The LEDs are Chauvet COLORado 1's. The back wall was ran off of Light Jockey using LED Trix for the pixel mapping, and the rest of the lights were run off a Hog.

Curious what you rig them with. Is that on pipe, truss, nailed to lumber, suspended in mid-air by hypnosis?

Curious what you rig them with. Is that on pipe, truss, nailed to lumber, suspended in mid-air by hypnosis?

I think it's telekinesis, not hypnosis. (Just me being my overly-concerned-with-word-usage-and-semantics self...)

Here are the pics from My Way, my most recent production. The set was not finished. I posted in another thread the front is essentially 6 half McCandiss spots with 4 side fills and 3 back fills to make a very odd 3 point lighting plot for the front light.

Mike

Attachments

• MyWayPost1.jpg
    MyWayPost1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 268
  • MyWayPost2.jpg
    MyWayPost2.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 249
  • MyWayPost3.jpg
    MyWayPost3.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 284
  • MyWayPost4.jpg
    MyWayPost4.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 241
  • MyWayPost5.jpg
    MyWayPost5.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 248
  • MyWayPost10.jpg
    MyWayPost10.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 263
  • MyWayPost9.jpg
    MyWayPost9.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 223
  • MyWayPost8.jpg
    MyWayPost8.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 221
  • MyWayPost7.jpg
    MyWayPost7.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 223
  • MyWayPost6.jpg
    MyWayPost6.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 221
  • MyWayPost11.jpg
    MyWayPost11.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
some quick ones from a concert I did last weekend, when the pro photos get in I will have to post some of them.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

And a video of their cover of Poker Face

I think it's telekinesis, not hypnosis. (Just me being my overly-concerned-with-word-usage-and-semantics self...)

It is hypnosis if you think they're there but they're really not.

One of last Saturday's events. Taken from my phone.

Attachments

• 090919doubletree01.jpg
    090919doubletree01.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 245
  • 090919doubletree02.jpg
    090919doubletree02.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 253
Here's the opening scene from our production of Blood Brothers which opened on Thursday.
I'll post more later...

Attachments

• bbopening.jpg
    bbopening.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 263
Well folks, it is that time of year again, when Pioneer Theatre Company kicks off a new season. I know over the past couple years you all have enjoyed (I hope) my photos of our productions, and now PTC has hired me on as the staff photographer in addition to my duties as ME. So, I will have lots more photos for you to see in the coming seasons.

In any event, we opened the season with "A Chorus Line." It has been a lot of fun to work on. The photos are from our final dress. I will add a few more after photo call next week. As always, if you would like to see more you can find them here.

The traditional headshot pose

"At the Ballet" - Ballet Blaze as we call this section. It is hard to see at this angle the Mondrian look on the floor.

"Music and the Mirror"

"crap Richie"

I will have some finale photos worth showing after photo call next week. Also will have better shots with the mirrors as I will be able to get some altitude during photo call. As always, please feel free to post any questions, comments, or critiques.

Great shots as always Wolf.

BTW, I love your website. Its a great place to look at productions and see actual designs in high quality, just a nice thing to look at. Thanks for that resource

Though they don't look anywhere as nice as a lot of the pictures I've seen here, I'll post a few pictures of some shows I've done at my church (before I took an undergrad lighting design course. and before I doubled my inventory of PARs)

I bet no one would guess that the "cyc lights" are just clip lights with colored flood lamps from Menards, though.

Attachments

• 03.JPG
    03.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 262
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 253
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 272

Users who are viewing this thread

Back