Hey, I thought we could share pictures of our shows...

Okay, so here is a design I did for a church with cardboard boxes and LED fixtures.

Mike

Attachments

• CLife-Move_25.jpg
    CLife-Move_25.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 395
  • CLife-Move_16.jpg
    CLife-Move_16.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 342
  • CLife-Move_13.jpg
    CLife-Move_13.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 355
  • CLife-Move_8.jpg
    CLife-Move_8.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 389
  • CLife-Move_6.jpg
    CLife-Move_6.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 297
Here are a few from my latest show. It is called Adventures in Mating. It is audience participation choose your own adventure play.

Mike

Attachments

• AiM_190.jpg
    AiM_190.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 296
  • AiM_177.jpg
    AiM_177.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 263
  • AiM_105.jpg
    AiM_105.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 305
  • AiM_165.jpg
    AiM_165.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 248
  • AiM_94.jpg
    AiM_94.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 250
Last night our youth group had to use a different room than usual, so we brought in 6 stagebars, 6 led tubes, and an M1 that we were sent to demo. I'm in love with that console.

Sadly, I couldn't really see the stage because the room we were using has a stage thats only about a foot tall and the tech booth isnt raised at all.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Also, we brought in a grandMA 2 full size for an event we're doing.

proxy.php

Not a real show, but after talking to Soundlight about MA things I decided to give MA 3D a go. After an hour or so of tinkering I produced this:

proxy.php

If anyone knows a better way to do screen grabs than the "simple" screen grab, please let me know.... likewise if it has a good method to record video of sequences internally....

Well, PTC is back at it again. We are just getting to the end of the run of our first show of the season, Hamlet. Here are a few shots:

"Swear!"

The Mousetrap:

Fencing:

The Ghost:

As usual, commets and questions are welcome. If you want to see more just visit the galleries.

Digging the floor there, icewolf ^

Set design by Gary M. English. He is faculty and on the board of trustees at UCONN Department of dramatic arts.

From one of last night's events. Adler Planetarium I couldn't get too many good shots.

But my night was better than the photographer's. They were shooting pix of the bridal party on a bridge when it started to rain. One of the bridesmaids tried to grab her bag and didn't pick it up correctly. Some lenses rolled out and into the river. At the reception apparently some money was stolen out of her purse.

I'm pretty proud of this one.

My first design in nashville.
My first all moving light rig.
My first concert where I got to be both the LD and the designer.
First show where I was independent of the lighting vendor.

Today's rehearsal:

proxy.php

We finally got our trusses in the 5th/6th grade room. Here's the set right now:

proxy.php

I didn't have time to hang the LED strips on the trusses vertically, but it should look cooler once thats done. For an all-DJ fixture rig in a room where we can't use haze, I think it turned out pretty well :p

We finally got our trusses in the 5th/6th grade room. Here's the set right now:

proxy.php

I didn't have time to hang the LED strips on the trusses vertically, but it should look cooler once thats done. For an all-DJ fixture rig in a room where we can't use haze, I think it turned out pretty well :p

How large is your church? THats quite the rig!

How large is your church? THats quite the rig!

Thanks, the church is pretty huge, I'm not sure how many by to give you an idea, we have to have 13 christmas eve services to fit everyone, and each one is packed.

There are only about 400 5th and 6th graders that use this room though.

There are only about 400 5th and 6th graders that use this room though.

Wow. Thats nearly 10 times the average size of a youth group from when I was in High School... And that average was 6-12... Thats actually most likely larger than the vast majority of churches in the country...

I see why they get a cool rig in their youth group room.

Re: Hey i thought we could share pic of our shows

Ah yes. Funny thing is that is EXACTLY what I was doing and trying to prevent when it deleted everything. It was formatting the disk, saving it, then conked out and started "loading what was on the disk" onto the board (which was nothing) and erased everything. I hate old 6 year old Strand boards.

What kind of Strand Board is it? Is it still running a floppy drive? On that topic is there a way to save to cds with strand boards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back