Hey, I thought we could share pictures of our shows...

Re: Hey i thought we could share pic of our shows

//SIDENOTE//
What kind of Strand Board is it? Is it still running a floppy drive? On that topic is there a way to save to cds with strand boards?

Just FYI you quoted a post from 2007. On the 500/300 series desks there is no way to save to CD, all you can do is floppy. On the new Palette line you can save to USB Flash drive, so if you really wanted the show on CD you could plug the flash drive into your computer and burn it.

Why would you want to save to CD? Seems like a very inefficient media compared to flash drives. Aside from that, I don't think that the new consoles support burning natively as it would be almost a cumbersome a process for saving shows as floppys.

Re: Hey i thought we could share pic of our shows

Well, it is that time again. I have another show to share with you, our second show of the season, Dracula. This was one big show to work on with massive sets and some fun effects. I even got to get a new fog machine for this one! So here are some photos:

Vrolak mean Vampire:

Lucy Gets bit:

End of Act 1, the staking of Lucy:

Mina Tells her story:

Drac is dead!

If you would like to see more images from the show you can find them over on my website. If you would like to know how we did any of the effects or have any questions or comments, please let me know!

Not a real show, but after talking to Soundlight about MA things I decided to give MA 3D a go. After an hour or so of tinkering I produced this:

proxy.php

If anyone knows a better way to do screen grabs than the "simple" screen grab, please let me know.... likewise if it has a good method to record video of sequences internally....

Their is a program called fraps that allows you to record video and images from both graphic programs (games, google earth, etc) as well as the windows desktop when using vista or windows 7.

Also seeing the images of these amazing designs makes me salivate as I can't wait to get to college and work in a theatre that doesn't have a 12ft tall rig and a bunch of aging fresnels!

Their is a program called fraps that allows you to record video and images from both graphic programs (games, google earth, etc) as well as the windows desktop when using vista or windows 7.

Also seeing the images of these amazing designs makes me salivate as I can't wait to get to college and work in a theatre that doesn't have a 12ft tall rig and a bunch of aging fresnels!

You know everything you need to make renderings with GrandMA is a free download right? No need to wait until college to start! Download MA ONpc and GrandMA 3D and have at it!

Just wait until you get to college and your first several designs ARE on a grid thats 12' tall, and you have a few aging fresnels and ERSs to use! :-D Actually, Im designing two shows right now, one on a rig that we are buidling out of DJ level junk (= cheap) that takes place in 13 venues across campus, and one that is on one of the most varied rigs I have ever seen (not at my school): ~30 S4s, but apparently some of the Meijer bunch were used to fix ones that had other problems, as only 4 of those actually are solid white or solid black. The majority are mixed and muddled. The rest of the inventory is 15 year old fresnels and what I *think* are 50 year old fresnels or something. Will post pictures of these things, Ship and derek *might* be the only one who could identify them (Im sure someone else could, but the TD told me they were 50 years old, and thus, period for the era the show takes place in, so they can be visible)

Hey Everyone!

I'm 14 and my latest show, Pippin, just closed. I would love your opinions on the design of the show.

Thanks,
Scott

Pippin Photos

Please look at the link for all of the pictures but here are a few samples.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Tonight is Brisbane's Lord Mayors Christmas carols. I am a spot op for the event.

This is one from last nights rehearsal.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pics from A Tuna Christmas, which just closed last Saturday.

We waited until the last night to take pictures, so I didn't get everything I wanted, but I think they turned out well.

proxy.php

The house during Pre Show. It was dessert theatre (Hence all the tables).

proxy.php

Arles and Thurston from the beginning of the show. This is my favorite picture.

proxy.php

Vera and Pearl shooting Blue-Jays. I was pleased with how this look turned out.

More pictures are available on my (somewhat unfinished) website.

I'm looking for feedback on everything (pictures, website, design), so drop me a PM or email if you have any comments.

We finished a three day run of 'White Christmas' this last Sunday.

Infront of show curtain:
photo.jpeg

The Barn Theatre:
photo-1.jpeg

Infront of Pit:
photo-3.jpeg

Finale:
photo-5.jpeg

Here are a few from our recent production of Little Shop of Horrors. All student designed, built and lit.
63259_176605655701363_162109603817635_518140_2216799_n.jpg151064_176605999034662_162109603817635_518166_6337896_n.jpg148276_176606159034646_162109603817635_518177_4807710_n.jpg154310_176605345701394_162109603817635_518119_6465799_n.jpg67185_176606795701249_162109603817635_518225_2400643_n.jpg65877_176605775701351_162109603817635_518148_3562188_n.jpg155715_176606952367900_162109603817635_518238_5758014_n.jpg150833_176605715701357_162109603817635_518144_2825_n.jpg67102_176605255701403_162109603817635_518111_944205_n.jpg65466_176606222367973_162109603817635_518182_895795_n.jpg

Not trying to "one-up" PatrickAngle, but here are photos from our production of of the great holiday musical by the good Jewish boy, White Christmas. Who would have thought that doing a Christmas show at Christmas time in Salt Lake City would sell like gangbusters. This was one heck of a show to mount, we have two free linesets between 0 and 40 and it is almost nothing actually fits (most of our linesets are on 6" spacing). On top of that it is like scenery tetris backstage to get all the units on and off. I'll post a few more photos than usual so you can see most of the sets.

WWII Christmas:

"Let Yourself Go"

"Snow"

The Columbia Inn:

Blue Skies:

"I Love a Piano"

The Finale:

As usual, please feel free to leave questions, comments or criticism. If you want to seem more, just click on one of the images or visit the gallery. Enjoy and happy holidays!

Just wait until you get to college and your first several designs ARE on a grid thats 12' tall, and you have a few aging fresnels and ERSs to use! :-D Actually, Im designing two shows right now, one on a rig that we are buidling out of DJ level junk (= cheap) that takes place in 13 venues across campus, and one that is on one of the most varied rigs I have ever seen (not at my school): ~30 S4s, but apparently some of the Meijer bunch were used to fix ones that had other problems, as only 4 of those actually are solid white or solid black. The majority are mixed and muddled. The rest of the inventory is 15 year old fresnels and what I *think* are 50 year old fresnels or something. Will post pictures of these things, Ship and derek *might* be the only one who could identify them (Im sure someone else could, but the TD told me they were 50 years old, and thus, period for the era the show takes place in, so they can be visible)

My first design in a very large theater department in college was with 6 6" fresnels and 4 axial ERS units and 3 PAR64s on a 2 scene preset. It was August Strienburg's Julie.

Of course my last one was a 350+ unit, 50+ moving light grand opera. Now THAT I miss.

Mike

My first design in a very large theater department in college was with 6 6" fresnels and 4 axial ERS units and 3 PAR64s on a 2 scene preset. It was August Strienburg's Julie.

Of course my last one was a 350+ unit, 50+ moving light grand opera. Now THAT I miss.

Mike

I dont know man, I kind of miss the small simple rigs. I think I always miss what I dont have. I lit some excelent concert action with 6 6" fresnels and 4 colors in a footlight trench once, and I think that was my favorite show. played a lot with blue and white (the only two colors this band would allow onstage. F***ing indie bands), but having 2 major angles for each color was enough to make for an interesting show.

I just did the band Circa Survive at Rutgers University. Not my music by a long shot, but I think the lighting looked pretty good. They brought a pair of Atomic 3000's and mirrors (kind of cheesey if you ask me, but whatever...), the rest of the lighting is mine. 40' truss DS with 5 S4's and 8 LED pars (36 x 3watt tri color), 40' truss US with 3 Elation Platinum Spot 5R's and 2 MAC250's on 24" drop downs. Here are some pictures. Once I figure out how to upload to YouTube I'll post a link to a video.

http://nomadicpro.net/photos/CircaSurvive01.JPG
http://nomadicpro.net/photos/CircaSurvive04.JPG
http://nomadicpro.net/photos/CircaSurvive10.JPG
http://nomadicpro.net/photos/CircaSurvive11.JPG
http://nomadicpro.net/photos/CircaSurvive13.JPG

Here's the set we did for Ten Little Indians.

Complete with rotating fireplace.

proxy.php

I just did the band Circa Survive at Rutgers University. Not my music by a long shot, but I think the lighting looked pretty good. They brought a pair of Atomic 3000's and mirrors (kind of cheesey if you ask me, but whatever...), the rest of the lighting is mine. 40' truss DS with 5 S4's and 8 LED pars (36 x 3watt tri color), 40' truss US with 3 Elation Platinum Spot 5R's and 2 MAC250's on 24" drop downs. Here are some pictures. Once I figure out how to upload to YouTube I'll post a link to a video.

url]http://nomadicpro.net/photos/CircaSurvive01.JPG[/url]
http://nomadicpro.net/photos/CircaSurvive04.JPG
http://nomadicpro.net/photos/CircaSurvive10.JPG
http://nomadicpro.net/photos/CircaSurvive11.JPG
http://nomadicpro.net/photos/CircaSurvive13.JPG

Were you in the old gym? That's where I did my first gig with Harry Chapin. Worked with him till he died.

Were you in the old gym? That's where I did my first gig with Harry Chapin. Worked with him till he died.

Which gym, on College Ave? That's where most of our work is, although we work on other campuses as well. This event was in the student center, directly adjacent to the College Ave gym.

Oh, and here's the video. I didn't know the band had an LD until they showed up. I did the programming while he did TM, merch, and stage tech duties and he hit the buttons during the show.
YouTube - Circa Survive at Rutgers University

Users who are viewing this thread

Back