Control/Dimming Hog II attribute control

Hello everyone,

I'll start off by saying that I am a grandMA programmer. I've been asked to program a Hog II for an event and it not as intuitive as I would have hoped. I managed to get the console patched with a little assistance from the manual and I can control the intensity, pan and tilt. I know I can contol color and beam attributes through their respective pre-programmed pallets. How do I adjust the other attributes? On the MA you just touch the attribute or use the encoder wheels. How would you do a comparable thing on the Hog? I can't seem to make the encoder wheels on the Hog do anything at all. I'm ultimately trying to get some Martin Mac 2000s to lamp on.

Thanks for your help!

Like you have previously stated, the easiest way to lamp on is via the pallet.

To control other attributes via encoder wheels you must press one of the buttons that selects which group of attributes you want to control. You will see four buttons in a row: Group, Focus, Color, Beam. Selecting one of Focus, Color, or Beam will then let the encoders change the corresponding attributes. Many times for beam attributes there is more than one "page" of attributes to cycle through.

... I'm ultimately trying to get some Martin Mac 2000s to lamp on.
Press [Blind] to disable output of the programmer.
Select the fixtures.
Press [Beam] until "Strobe" appears as an encoder label.
Turn encoder until "LampON" appears.
(Optional but suggested: [Record] and touch an empty Beam Palette. Label as "LampOn". Move encoder and repeat for "Reset" and "LampOff.")
Press [Blind] to enable output of the programmer.
Wait more than five seconds. Press [Clear].
Reselect fixtures and press [Full] to verify lamp ignited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back