Control/Dimming Hog3 PC Problems

ajstubby

I am having problems with my Hog3 PC. We are in the process of upgrading from Hog2 to Hog3, and when I plug in the widget, it is not recognized until I disconnect from out local network. I understand that Hog3 runs off a server based system, but I don't understand why our local network would keep the widget from connecting.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Jake

Hog3PC is a network dependant program. It requires a network connection of some type (loopback, wired, wireless).

However, some firewalls in network setups BLOCK the processes from communicating and thus your failures. Be sure all firewall, spyware blockers, popup blockers, etc. are completely disabled. If, due to administrations, you are unable to turn this stuff off, you will have to use it without a network connection and utilize the loopback adapter.

Hope it helps...if all else fails, post it over at forums.highend.com and the staff should be able to help sort you out.

From the installation notes:
Hog 3PC requires Windows XP SP2 or greater to ensure proper networking functionality. Since the Wholehog 3 Operating System makes use of multiple processes communicating via TCP/IP sockets, some Windows computer configurations may prevent the Hog 3PC processes from communicating with each other.

Not meeting the system requirements of Windows XP SP2 or greater, lack of an enabled network connection or multiple active network connections, and/or firewall settings can all result in Hog 3PC communication failures. These communication failures typically cause the Splash Screen to repeatedly display ‘Scanning port 6600’ in its status window.

If any of the above conditions prevent the use of Hog 3PC, check the following settings:
Network Adaptor

Check the configured network adapter in the Network pane of the Control Panel. Ensure that the correct network adapter is enabled; see Console Network Adapters (p.75).

Firewall
When running the Windows XP firewall or aftermarket firewall products, the firewall may block TCP/IP communications. Often, you can add exceptions for the individual Hog 3PC processes, or add exceptions for traffic that has a source IP address and destination IP address that are both pointing to the local machine. Refer to the documentation provided with your firewall for further details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back