Horizon Control Marquee console

traviss

I really hope this is the right place to post this, I didn't see a specific thread for lighting consoles.

Our theater has a Horizon Control Marquee ILC Console that we picked up pretty cheap a while ago (because the product is now dicontinued).
I don't usually make it a habbit of purchasing out of date products, but at the price we got it at, we could not pass it up.

I've read through the manual several times and still study it when I need to. However, no amount of reading can compare with the knowledge of someone who has hands on expereince with a product like this. So I was wondering if anyone here was (or maybe even still is) a Marquee user?

I've got some basic console interface questions that I'd like to get some more info on.

I've already contacted Horizon Support (now Strand). They are awesome about giving little tips and they even keep the software and fixture library updated as it uses the same fixture profiles as the Strand Pallete series. But since it's a discontinued product they can't exactly provide in depth support, I understand that and don't fault them at all. However I'd still like to chat with someone who has more expereince on a Marquee console.

Thanks

Travis

If I remember correctly, the Pathway guys said that Strand licensed Horizon but didn't purchase it. They used it as the base of their Palette series software. Then a few years ago Acuity purchased Horizon.This led to Pathway, part of Acuity, creating the Cognito. Gary Douglas, was the original programmer of Horizon and now works for Pathway on Cognito. It might be worth contacting them to find out if they support Marquee.

Or maybe they will see this and comment. They hang out here from time to time.

If I remember correctly, the Pathway guys said that Strand licensed Horizon but didn't purchase it. They used it as the base of their Palette series software. Then a few years ago Acuity purchased Horizon.This led to Pathway, part of Acuity, creating the Cognito. Gary Douglas, was the original programmer of Horizon and now works for Pathway on Cognito. It might be worth contacting them to find out if they support Marquee.

Or maybe they will see this and comment. They hang out here from time to time.

Good Morning!

Yes, this is correct. Horizon Control was always an independently owned software development firm that was never owned by Entertainment Technology, Rosco, Genlyte or Strand. We (Acuity) acquired Horizon and Pathway in 2011 and worked to combine them with the Pathway engineering team in to an innovation group within the Acuity organization that also manufactures and sells product.

The Pathway product line is sold only through dealers and our OEM partners and not through manufacturer's representatives or wholesale electrical distributors. Pathway technology is incorporated in to a growing number of products that are marketed under different brand names through Acuity's manufacturer's representatives.

Strand does license the code used in the Palette series from Pathway Connectivity. The first line of support for Strand Palette products is provided by Strand. From time to time, Strand does elevate issues to the Pathway team and we support them in resolving issues including coding bug fixes.

Pathway Connectivity does sell Horizon Upgrades, Horizon Channels and Marquee Channels. We are always happy to answer support-type questions. The best means of contact is to write to [email protected] The Horizon and Marquee platforms are "mature" meaning that there is no ongoing product development or code revision being done. Robert Bell and Gary Douglas and Brian Evans support that. As I write that, I should point out that new fixture definitions are always been added for Marquee, Palette and Cognito 2. All those products - and the soon to debut Choreo - use the same fixture library. If someone needs a fixture definition, all we need is for them to send the manual with the DMX512 slot allocations chart(s) to [email protected]. It typically takes us a day or less to turn those around.

I hope that this information is helpful. We welcome any opportunity to engage in dialogue with the entertainment production community and so, yes, we do hang out here from time to time.

Best Regards,
Van Rommel
Director Business Development
Pathway Connectivity

Thanks Van!
Good Morning!

Yes, this is correct... ...I hope that this information is helpful. We welcome any opportunity to engage in dialogue with the entertainment production community and so, yes, we do hang out here from time to time.
Best Regards,
Van Rommel
Director Business Development
Pathway Connectivity

Thanks for the details Van! I thought you might be watching this thread. Not to turn this thread into spam for one of our CB sponsors but... if you are a fan of the old Horizon software and/or Marquee, you will find yourself completely at home on a Cognito.

New console named Choreo huh? I look forward to seeing it at LDI.

Thanks Van!

Thanks for the details Van! I thought you might be watching this thread. Not to turn this thread into spam for one of our CB sponsors but... if you are a fan of the old Horizon software and/or Marquee, you will find yourself completely at home on a Cognito.

New console named Choreo huh? I look forward to seeing it at LDI.

Well, actually it is a new controller called Choreo. Maybe it is a console and maybe it is an architectural controller or maybe something else entirely. You can be the judge. We put the concept car on the floor at LDI last fall and again at USITT as we don't like to go to market without first getting a lot - and I mean A LOT - of customer feedback. Watch for us to make an announcement in the News Forum prior to LDI. Meanwhile, the LDI 2014 teaser can be found here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

VR

Now that you post the link, I do remember seeing it in your booth but I thought it was just an architectural controller and didn't get the demo. What an interesting concept. I put a small lighting system into a rental reception hall a few years ago and that would have been the perfect control solution for it. I'll be sure to check it out in detail at LDI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back