Control/Dimming Horizon Dongle and License Question

I downloaded Horizon a couple of days ago and have since fallen in love with it, but after reading some of the other threads I have a couple of questions.

Question 1:

According to their website, Horizon has been long-since discontinued. I read the license agreement that came with the software download, and it said that it was free to use. Now I've read on here that you have to license it to the tune of $2/channel. I've been using it offline (WITHOUT a dongle or dimmers connected) and it seems to function. Is everything going to go to pieces once I connect the dongle?

Thoughts?

Question 2:

I need a moderately priced, but durable, dongle that will work with Horizon. Who has recommendations?

I look forward to your responses!

-JIM

The Horizon Marquee software is still out there and alive, its sold by ET. I don't know the cost or anything like that, but its still out there. As far as a hardware DMX output for the software, there is only one and its sold by ET. You can not use an openDMX interface with this software.

Do a search for Chamsys Magic Q if you want an inexpensive lighting controller. The software is geared more towards moving light control, but it will work fine for a traditional theatre stack conventional show.

A PathPort node will suffice as your interface. Our facility has 32 with our Horizon System, but you only need one. It could even be as simple as a small PathPort Uno for a single universe system. As mentioned above, you're bigger issue is the software dongle / license since it is discontinued.

I would be willing to entertain offers on my 2 universe license of Gold software and a 2 universe node starting at the bargain basement price of one fully loaded ETC Ion. Delivery is available at cost. :)

~Dave

Davey Simps - Still Out There?

I need assistnce in adding Pathport Uno to my existing Horizon control software. Any guides as to how to configure the software to talk to the Uno?

A PathPort node will suffice as your interface. Our facility has 32 with our Horizon System, but you only need one. It could even be as simple as a small PathPort Uno for a single universe system. As mentioned above, you're bigger issue is the software dongle / license since it is discontinued.

I would be willing to entertain offers on my 2 universe license of Gold software and a 2 universe node starting at the bargain basement price of one fully loaded ETC Ion. Delivery is available at cost. :)

~Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back