The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

How do I reattach one end of a twist-lock cable.

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by gabe, Feb 26, 2006.

1. gabe

gabe Member

So, I scower my high school's theatre for that one more twist-lock cable that I need to finish the show. And there it is! But wait, One end is cut off! We have connectors in our tool room but I have no idea how to connect them. Can anybody help?

2. BillESC

BillESC Well-Known Member Premium Member

When the connector is opened up you'll see three compression terminals. One will be green, one silver and one copper colored. Wire it as follows:

Green terminal to green wire
    Silver terminal to white wire
    Copper terminal to black wire.

You're good to go.

3. AVGuyAndy

AVGuyAndy Active Member

That assumes that the pre-wired connector on the mystery cable is wired correctly. Be sure to check the existing cable that it is wired properly. If you don't, you could kill yourself.

This is one of those "if you have to ask, you shouldn't be doing it." questions.

4. gabe

gabe Member

Thanks for the replies. I understand the "if you have to ask you shouldn't be doing it part." I was doing a show with the student TD yesterday and he's gonna stop by the theatre tomorrow while I'm finishing up the focusing for our drama and show me how.