I have some idea to improve this LED spot light, IC

I'm going to improve this LED spot light with stable current IC driver, CREE XPE 3535 lighting source, and the len with transparent rate of > 90% , will that make sense?

20121128231470847084.jpg

It seems no one wishes to engage in discussion with woundedeagle on his/her suggested improvements...
The staff don't consider this to be spam, it's a legitimate discussion.

So anyone?

It seems no one wishes to engage in discussion with woundedeagle on his/her suggested improvements...
The staff don't consider this to be spam, it's a legitimate discussion.

So anyone?

Thanks a lot for your supporting, I'm not a spamer, I will send more post which is usful for every in the future :)

I red the post but there was not enough information for me to have an opinion. Fill me in and I will be happy yo comment.
  • Is this a commercial product you are developing or something else
  • What is the target market
  • What are the problems you are trying to solve
  • Etc

My job is to reseach and develop, I show my idea here is with the hope to get more suggestion from experts here.
Choosing stable current IC is in order to make the LED driver have longer life span
Choosing CREE LED chips is in order to get better light and higher color rendering index(Ra above 85, I think)
Choosing the len is in order to reduce the lumin loss while the light go across the len
by the way, I'm just an engineer,I join here with the hope to get more excellent suggestion to improve my capacity,but my English is poor, thus I can not express myself very well, please understand :mrgreen:

Well
I think you are asking about a white, PAR type lamp.

For my money the places that LED designers have failed so far
1- dimming. The curve is not smooth. Usually it jumps on.
2- glare. If I view the fixture while on, I get a lot of glare from the lens.
3- terrible color rendering. ( this is getting better ). A huge blue spike in the frequency emitted. Give me the option for a kelvin less than 3000
4- clear photometric information. What beam spreads are you supporting? Just saying "Med" does not give me enough info to make a purchasing decision. What is the beam and field angle. What is the color temperature?
5- consistent color over time so that if I purchase two lamps over time the color is the same

Hope this helps

Well
I think you are asking about a white, PAR type lamp.

For my money the places that LED designers have failed so far
1- dimming. The curve is not smooth. Usually it jumps on.
2- glare. If I view the fixture while on, I get a lot of glare from the lens.
3- terrible color rendering. ( this is getting better ). A huge blue spike in the frequency emitted. Give me the option for a kelvin less than 3000
4- clear photometric information. What beam spreads are you supporting? Just saying "Med" does not give me enough info to make a purchasing decision. What is the beam and field angle. What is the color temperature?
5- consistent color over time so that if I purchase two lamps over time the color is the same

Hope this helps

Many thanks for your opinion, but I can only answer some of your questions:
1.Dimming>>>>>>>>>What you said is true, now hardly any company company can offer LED lamps with considerable dimming effect, except some big brand, such as Philips etc.
2.Glare>>>>>>>>>> while making the lamp cover, we will input some special material to make the PC or PMMA cover more pure, and make it frosted, then we can stop the glare. At least we did it in the bulbs and T8 tubes
3.Color rendering(we call it Ra)>>>>>>>>>> CREE LED can reach the Ra of 85, most closed to the Ra of incandescent. About kelvin, now you can choose 2,500-2,800K, 2,800 -3,000K in the lamps market.
4.Beam angle>>>>>> most lens can support 25 degree, 30 degree,45 degree and 60 degree
5.Consistent color>>>>>>> The situation is that the manufacturers can make 1,000 bulbs with the same color, and another 1,000 bulbs will be a little different. If you get both of your two bulbs from the first 1,000 bulbs, get both of your two bulbs, you can get the same color, otherwise, you can not, till now we have no good method to solve this problem.

Many thanks for your information, I will keep working on them :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back