I just released MaizeDMX 2

cxhawk

proxy.php

MaizeDMX is a simple and easy to use DMX lighting control software. As beginner lighting operator or designer, you will find it’s perfect for your small stage or event.
  • Supports both Art-Net and USB DMX interface.
  • Supports both macOS and Windows.
  • Sync audio with lighting cues with the sequences.
  • Cloud based fixture profile library than you can benefit from and contribute to.
  • Supports MIDI controller for triggering and fader control.
proxy.php

I know this might be too naive, but this how I think it should be as beginner in lighting control. So give it a try if you want: www.maizedmx.com

How did you accomplish the beta test? have you shared it amongst enough non-friends to see if it can be broken.

Incidently, I like seeing the sound wave with light cues over laid. Is that an auto trigger point? Something like that would be very useful for dance. That would have been handy last night for dance show with 2 hours notice I provided lighting for.

How did you accomplish the beta test? have you shared it amongst enough non-friends to see if it can be broken.

Incidently, I like seeing the sound wave with light cues over laid. Is that an auto trigger point? Something like that would be very useful for dance. That would have been handy last night for dance show with 2 hours notice I provided lighting for.

Those lines are break points, when the sequence runs there it will pause. So you can actually use it without audio as a cue list.

So this is actually pretty interesting to me, but maybe not for its intended purpose... Do you support MIDI Show Control, or is it only MIDI note & program changes? I've often thought it would be cool to have an audio playback program that allows for drag & drop editing of MSC commands on top of the sound tracks. QLab can kind of get close to this with a bunch of delay times and whatnot, but it's a lot clumsier than just laying triggers out on a timeline--especially if you want to jump to the middle of a song during rehearsal or tech.

Also, don't feel like you need to apologize for your work: anyone who doesn't like it doesn't have to use it!

@Malabaristo you can do exactly that in programs like Logic and Pro Tools, if I'm not mistaken. I haven't done so in a few years, but I remember adding a Midi track where you can add your show control on the timeline just under the audio time line. Then, if you export the midi track, you should be able to play it back in QLab using the Midi File cue type. Placed in a group cue with the audio track, it should all line up quite well!

@Malabaristo you can do exactly that in programs like Logic and Pro Tools, if I'm not mistaken. I haven't done so in a few years, but I remember adding a Midi track where you can add your show control on the timeline just under the audio time line. Then, if you export the midi track, you should be able to play it back in QLab using the Midi File cue type. Placed in a group cue with the audio track, it should all line up quite well!

Sure, but when anything changes you have to go back into the editor, make the change, save/export, update the file in QLab, test it, and then do that all over again because the choreographer changed their mind and wants it just a little bit earlier. Being able to edit right in the playback software would be a huge improvement.

Venue magic does this to a T. MIDI triggers to the ms. Over audio or videos depending on what you play.

Not to hijack the thread. I looked at this on and off all day. Looks like a neat simple tool to mix audio and lights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back