Ideas on LCD projector and sound

NHStech

My technology coordinator is looking into getting a new video screen and projector for our auditorium. Until now, what I have done is to set up a table with projector and laptop FOH right in front of the first row and, when needed, go out there and start the presentation. If sound is needed, I hook up an xlr to 1/8 inch adapter and run the sound through the house.
I think what the tech coordinator (This is the district guy, not the house tech director. I am that.) is thinking is to run the projector through the school's network, and to hang it from the ceiling. I suppose I could still run sound the same way. Any thoughts on what to do, or things to stay away from?

They plan to run video over the network or to control the projector via the network?

You might want to think about things like if you have a permanently installed projector, what might you show on it? Do you need to support computers or video inputs at the stage or portable cameras? If you have multiple sources, how do you switch between them? How do you get audio into the sound system? How do you control the projector? How do you access the projector for cleaning filters, replacing lamps, etc.? What are the appropriate screen size and surface material for the application? What format (4:3, 15:9. 16:10 or 16:9) do you want and what resolution do you need to support?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back