Control/Dimming Idiots Guide anyone? - NSI mlc 16 desk

Tank

Hey guys!

It's been ages since i've visited (and also done anything techie at all... cure being sick for several years). I've essentially been away from theatre and clubs and lighting for 3 years. I've had a friend call me and needs an emerency operator for a ball on monday night (currently saturday night here in Aus). My only problem? the desk isn't one i've ever seen or used anything similar too.

I've only ever used more conventional desks (Hog 500/1000, etcetc) with faders, and now i'm faced with this NSI mlc 16. The rig has a few movers and a bunch of can's.

I've downloaded the manual, but I still have a few questions I need a bit of help with...

How easy is it to control can's via this desk? I only have a few hours to get to know the desk and i'm freaking out a bit, as I don't have hours to muck about and teach myself how to use it.

I guess any advice and tips would be great, and I would really appreciate it.

Apologies for sounding very nooby and i'm sure they are silly questions... I've been away from it all for so long and this is a bit more of a challenge than I was anticipating!

manymanyMANY thanks, Helen

Hey guys!

It's been ages since i've visited (and also done anything techie at all... cure being sick for several years). I've essentially been away from theatre and clubs and lighting for 3 years. I've had a friend call me and needs an emerency operator for a ball on monday night (currently saturday night here in Aus). My only problem? the desk isn't one i've ever seen or used anything similar too.

I've only ever used more conventional desks (Hog 500/1000, etcetc) with faders, and now i'm faced with this NSI mlc 16. The rig has a few movers and a bunch of can's.

I've downloaded the manual, but I still have a few questions I need a bit of help with...

How easy is it to control can's via this desk? I only have a few hours to get to know the desk and i'm freaking out a bit, as I don't have hours to muck about and teach myself how to use it.

I guess any advice and tips would be great, and I would really appreciate it.

Apologies for sounding very nooby and i'm sure they are silly questions... I've been away from it all for so long and this is a bit more of a challenge than I was anticipating!

manymanyMANY thanks, Helen

I see this post is old, but if you still or anyone needs help with this console, I know it inside and out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back