Conventional Fixtures Info on this Mole-Richardson fixture?

avkid

Not a New User
Fight Leukemia
I recently came into possession of this fixture.
If anyone has an idea about how old it is or what it's worth I would appreciate it.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Say late 1930's thru mid. 50's. Worth... resale verses purchase value is very hard to judge. This is obsolite in fixture and lamp type. Can buy a 2Kw Mole Fresnel on E-Bay for $25.00 at times thru much more and they are even if old, up to current standards in what Mole still makes in servicability. If it came with the lamp, the lamp might be worth more than the fixture per resale to Don's Bulbs, but I don't recommend that action in seperating lamp from fixture. I would more if help, classify it as an antique and given its condition... same and unfortunately given the market in that you might get lucky, still a base price of the $25.00 thru $60.00 range on an outside. Just not a huge market for this fixture as unfortunate.

If you ask Mole Richardson really nicely, they might do a search of their records into when by serial number, this fixture was made and who it was sold to. The only company I know of with such records on file - here Altman don't even remember when they switched from brown to black, and Mole does have their records dating back to about the beginning. Granted my request was unusual and I had some guns behind my asking for the info. I don't think they have an office of antique info open so asking might or might not get results.

Nice fixture, very unusual - especially that the switch doesn't have any protection for it. Could mean nothing but could be something. Interesting also the attached barn doors and round gel frame holder. Very interesting fixture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back