Innovator 24/48 cue recording

kcs220

Hi all, delurking for some help on this one.

We have an Innovator 24/48 board, and for some reason it's no longer accurately recording the look on stage when I use the sliders. I adjust the sliders to where I want everything and record the cue, but when I take the sliders down and load the cue half of what I had is missing. I'd appreciate any thoughts. Thanks!

Sounds like your GM is having issues. Is the fader all the way up.

Yes, it is all the way up. I checked all my faders. It's just not making any sense to me because there's no pattern to what isn't being recorded (it isn't always one particular channel, etc).

Sounds to me like straight-up computer problems, which I have experienced on that console before. I used one that would occasionally break the patch (patch read correctly on the screen, but some channels didn't respond), requiring a reset. It would also occasionally just freeze.

I'd recommend a hard factory reset. The manual should tell you how to do it. Be sure to test the behavior without loading any old info off a disk. If that doesn't work, send for repairs.

Yep, sounds like an Innovator! By chance are there any masks set on your submasters or active cues when experiencing the symptoms? Otherwise, I agree with the others - time for a hard reset. The Innovator is definitely good for the money when it works but one of the buggiest (and I mean occasionally random and always crash-prone) consoles I've ever used. Good luck with the fix though!

-Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back