Installation: two videos, sound and lighting?

sasseh

I am building an installation and have a pretty newbie question about it, so bear with me..

Are there any cheap or even free programs which could control all these elements at the same time?

- Videoprojector (would be running video number 1)
- Television (would be running video number 2)
- Sound (either on its own track or included to video number 1)
- Lights through DMX? (just one or two led lights programmed to sync with videos and sound)

So now I am searching for a program in which I could edit a timeline with each element I mentioned there..

Some of the programs I have found could be "Sunlite Suite 2" and "Venuemagic" but they
are pretty expensive and I don't know if they would work on this kind of a project?

So please give me some hints about what kind of a setup would you use with small budget?
(and what kind of a DMX system would you recommend? dmx-usb controller or?

Thank you all in advance!

The most common reliable way to do this is with multiple consoles all talking to each other via midi of some sort.

I've never done this myself, but from what I've read, that's the way to do it. Qlab would suit your needs if your Mac based. I'm not sure about Windows variants. There was a thread a bit ago about Qlab alternatives.

If you do find something free, Please share it as I would like to integrate video into my personal holiday light shows.

-Aaron

The first question is what type of computer are you running, mainly Windows or Mac? I assume Windows based on your program choices. Details of what you have will help with what you need (include resolution of projector and TV).

Not free, but relatively inexpensive would be using Isadora (www.troikatronix.com) as a show controller for audio/video which could trigger DMX using an adapter (www.enttec.com).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back