Installing new ETC Element Patch

dsshm

Hey guys I am trying to install the Element V1.96 Patch from the V1.6 Patch I am unsure of how to install the patch the only thing that I have seen being anything close to being able to boot from the patch file would be wheil booting and it say press ctrl + s but right now I don't have a usb keyboard I am also running the offline version and no computer

Thanks

I am a bit confused. Are you trying to install the upgrade on a client computer or on the console? If it is the console then:

Here are the instructions for installing to a console, from the release notes:

To update your console to v1.9.6:
  • Step 1: Download the software from the ETC website (Lighting solutions for Theatre, Film & Television Studios and Architectural spaces : ETC - click “Downloads” at the top of the page).
  • Step 2: Unzip the file.
  • Step 3: Transfer the unzipped file to a USB memory device.
  • Step 4: Insert the USB device containing the software into an available USB port on the console.
  • Step 5: Open the Eos Configuration Utility (ECU - Also known as the Eos Shell) either by exiting the Eos Family software (Browser>Exit) or by starting up the console and clicking on the {Launching in...} button. The ECU screen will open.
  • Step 6: Click on the {Settings} button. The settings window will open.
  • Step 7: Click on the {General} button inside of the settings window. The general settings will appear in the window.
  • Step 8: Scroll down in the window until the {Software Update...} button is visible. Click this button. This scans the root directory of all available drives (USB drives) for valid installers.
  • Step 9: When the “Update Software” dialog pops up, click on ETC_EosFamily_Console_v1.9.6.9.0.3, then click {Install}. This launches a standard Installshield application to direct you through the install.
  • Step 10: Click {Next} to start the installation process. A dialog box will open warning of losing show data if not saved to disk.
  • Step 11: Click {Yes} to continue. The console will install the software.
  • Step 12: Click {Finish} to complete the installation process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back