Intercom systems that are compatible with Telex

My boss asked me to look into how much it would cost to get a new intercom system. I found that part out easily. The question I have, what is compatible with Telex equipment? From the way its sounded, he would like to replace one of the TR-200s with something close to it so we have to replace the whole thing. The other twist is that it needs to be wireless. I've been racking my brain and with still being a little green behind the ears, I could use a couple extra brains to help.

Look at the DX200 for your wireless option. And does your exisitng system run off of a Telex base station like the MS-2002 or PS-2001? If it does it is already ClearCom compatible(and therefore DX200 compatible). You simply need to run the system in Unbalanced mode, which is changed by the little switch near each input on the back of the base station.

According to my boss, he wants just a beltpack. I've been looking all over for a beltpack that is compatible with the 200 and have come up with nothing. I want to avoid having to buy a new intercom system if at all possible.

Give Telex a call directly. They'll be able to tell you if they make anything compatible or if they maybe have one sitting on a shelf somewhere they can let go of.

From the looks of it, that product line was discontinued quite some while ago, so I'm not sure I'd get my hopes up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back