Introducing Myself

Hello, my name is Melissa. I teach middle school theatre arts and produce shows in my cafetorium & at area One Act Play competitions that have actual facilities. I do at least 2 plays and a one musical a year, sometimes more. As all the tech is on my shoulders, I want to learn more about how to do it well & to teach my middle schoolers to be good techies. My stongsuits are costume design and construction and make-up. I want to learn more about lighting and sound. I do my own sets with some help from the art teacher and shop teachers.... I am a sponge looking to absorb all Control Booth has to offer. I am an alum of Stephen F. Austin State University ('97) & have also been in community theatre and shows during grad school at K-State. That's me. Thank you for having this amazing site -- I am learning so much already.

There are many teachers here but most seem to be high school and college.

I applaud your efforts to swim up stream.

Welcome! Have you looked in to the international Thespian Society. For the most part they are a high school based organization but I know they also have a middle School wing as well. Making contact with your states Thespian board might put you in touch with many great resources and programs willing to help you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back