Ion dumps cues unexpectedly

Jay Ashworth

Just had the whackiest thing happen to an LD on a show I'm working on.

We just finished the Act 1 tech, and he went merrily along writing cues in the 100 and 200 number series for the first half. Played a few of them back along the way with Goto Cue, and everything worked just exactly like it always does.

At some Fixed Point In Time near the end of the 3 hour long tech, the board decided that it was going to forget everything about nearly all the cues except that a) they existed (the cue numbers are all in the list, as he created them), and b) that some of them had transition times other than the default 5 seconds.

A couple cues at the beginning and the end still had channels in them, but the majority no longer did.

I'm hard pressed to call it a user error, cause I don't know that there's any way you *can* delete only some of the "columnar" data in a list of cues without deleting entire cues.

And the fact that the transition times are still there -- and correct, as he set them -- on all the cues where they were non-default, and the ones that were default don't show that default number, but are empty, leads me to wonder about a bug; the desk was just upgraded to (I presume, but didn't look) 2.4 about a month ago, after being rock steady for, like, 1500 shows.

Anyone ever seen this happen?

Anybody know how you *could* get that set of symptoms to happen from the keyboard of an Ion?

The event logs probably have the clues you need to figure out exactly what happened. Contact ETC Support and they can likely figure out what happened, whether it was a bug or PEBSK issue. There are lots of ways to inadvertently remove content from a range of cues, from tracking to unpatching channels to range actions. It probably has nothing to do with the upgrade to 2.4 but ETC could tell you for sure.

The event logs probably have the clues you need to figure out exactly what happened. Contact ETC Support and they can likely figure out what happened, whether it was a bug or PEBSK issue. There are lots of ways to inadvertently remove content from a range of cues, from tracking to unpatching channels to range actions. It probably has nothing to do with the upgrade to 2.4 but ETC could tell you for sure.

"Event logs". Yay. :)

I gather they'll be getting called in the morning; no one wanted to stay past 11 for the third day in a row.

Thanks.

I did note, on the Flexi screen, that the desk was in cue-only mode, as seems common around these here parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back