Ion Question

thelightguy87

I've just tech'd my first show on an Ion, and problem is that I can't find a way to step back and forth between cues. Go to Cue is fine when you are going out of order, but my designer wanted to step through cues in order out of time. So pressing GO and BACK wouldn't do, and pressing Go To Cue is just a lot of keystrokes. I've resulted in setting a macro to GO TO CUE NEXT ENTER and that seems to suffice. I'm just looking for something like "Quickstep" that was on the express console. To toggle the timing on and off.

Thanks,

I've just tech'd my first show on an Ion, and problem is that I can't find a way to step back and forth between cues. Go to Cue is fine when you are going out of order, but my designer wanted to step through cues in order out of time. So pressing GO and BACK wouldn't do, and pressing Go To Cue is just a lot of keystrokes. I've resulted in setting a macro to GO TO CUE NEXT ENTER and that seems to suffice. I'm just looking for something like "Quickstep" that was on the express console. To toggle the timing on and off.

Thanks,

Press Fader Controls. The softkeys change and S5 is Timing Disable. While holding down the S5 key, press the Load button above the primary fader set. This kicks that fader set to ignore recorded times. Reverse the steps to go back to timed cues.

You could do GoToQ Next and make your default go to time 1 or 2 secs. Or make a GoToQ Next Time 2 Enter macro if you don't want your default go to time that fast. That's no Cut like in Strand land, but that's the best I can come up with.

-Tim

You could do GoToQ Next and make your default go to time 1 or 2 secs. Or make a GoToQ Next Time 2 Enter macro if you don't want your default go to time that fast. That's no Cut like in Strand land, but that's the best I can come up with.

-Tim

I think Timing Disable is exactly what he want's as you can use GO and Stop/Back to range thru the cues as bump times. Timing Disable does the same thing Quickstep did on Expressi/ion. Unless he's thinking of something different.

I think Timing Disable is exactly what he want's as you can use GO and Stop/Back to range thru the cues as bump times. Timing Disable does the same thing Quickstep did on Expressi/ion. Unless he's thinking of something different.
Yes that's true, I was just trying to give him more options. I always hated Quickstep; having to hit more softkeys and then enable it and then when you are done using it, don't forget to turn it off! It's so not even worth it if you are just going like two cues. Whereas on Strand 500s there is a Cut key right there with the Go and Stop/Back and Load. It is so convenient to be able to forget about cue timing and jump ahead a cue with just one button and then immediately go back to using Go. IMO.

-Tim

Yes that's true, I was just trying to give him more options. I always hated Quickstep; having to hit more softkeys and then enable it and then when you are done using it, don't forget to turn it off! It's so not even worth it if you are just going like two cues. Whereas on Strand 500s there is a Cut key right there with the Go and Stop/Back and Load. It is so convenient to be able to forget about cue timing and jump ahead a cue with just one button and then immediately go back to using Go. IMO.

-Tim

Check in Setup if you can set a zero time for Go To Cue. [EDIT: You can]

Then your syntax is Go To Cue, XX (Next), Enter

FWIW, Timing Disable is a 3 button push as well - Fader Controls, S5 and Load together (so really a 2 button with 2 fingers). Note that a TD comes up in various places to remind you that you are in TD.

SB

Last edited:
Check in Setup if you can set a zero time for Go To Cue. [EDIT: You can]

Then your syntax is Go To Cue, XX (Next), Enter

FWIW, Timing Disable is a 3 button push as well - Fader Controls, S5 and Load together (so really a 2 button with 2 fingers). Note that a TD comes up in various places to remind you that you are in TD.

SB

Don't know if it helps, but Timing Disable + Go will cut the next cue.

Anne Valentino
ETC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back