iPaq not connecting

So I just started working at a 2 year old high school theater that has a Strand ClassicPalette 250 and an iPaq. They are both connected to the network but don't want to talk to each other. The iPaq has an app called "Palette RFU" and a separate app called "strand remote". Strand remote doesn't seem to do anything. Palette RFU just sits flashing "connecting" in the bottom left corner of the screen. There is a manual for the palette, but no mention of the iPaq anywhere. Can't find a manual online either. Does anybody know how to connect these things? Palette is running 3.4.15

Thanks!

Its obviously not the Symbol PDA that strand sells. They don't support installing the App on any other device for this exact reason. I had the same issue before we sold our palette.

Anyway, Is the ipaq able to surf the internet? Mine always had an issue connecting to the access point.

Does the console and the ipaq have the same Gateway/Router, and Subnet Addresses? Is the console allowing an RFU to connect? IIRC there is a setting in the Palette Program that can turn off RFU connections.

Strand remote is for the 300/500 series, you can ignore that. You will be running the Palette remote software. Is this running wired or wireless? For palette, the Ipaq was only intended to be wired.
First thing, check your IP addresses and sub net mask. IP addresses need to be set to static and in the same range. Default for us is 192.168.0.xxx, sub net 255.255.255.0.
On the Palette remote setup tab, go to the "console" field. Make sure the IP address of the console is there. Default is "local host"
If none of that works, email me or give me a call.

Fyi, if your console software is still the old color scheme (bubble gum colors) your RFU has to have the old software as well (the colors will match). If you update the console software, you will have to send the RFU in for an update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back