Issue With Creating an Eos Fixture Profile

Hello-
I have created a 11ch fixture profile for the Rockville Stage Matrix 36 Fixture with no problems. I also created the 108ch profile so I have the capability of choosing to control each bulb, but it is not behaving correctly, and I am trying to figure out what I might have done wrong. Attached is what Rockville has listed for their dmx channels and part of what I have on the fixture profile in Eos. When I bring up the first Red nothing happens until I bring up "intensity" on the ML control (which is showing as virtual in my fixture profile). But when I bring the intensity up, it bring up multiple of the bottom lights instead of the first light. I know I may need to contact Rockville, but I am just seeing if someone sees something wrong with my profile. Thank you!

You have two options for patching this fixture without making a mess for yourself. You can either do (36) individual RGB fixtures or create a multicell fixture. Doing it the way you have you'd need to go into ML controls and individually adjust the values of each colorset for each bulb. This gets messy. Since you've set the Home value for each as 255 (FULL-which is the default) when you turn on the main intensity channel it's going to proportion each Red #, Green # and Blue # to dim them. With individual fixtures you can just assign each a channel and bring them up individually or in any combination you need. You can get away with using the Generic RGB Led fixture profile already in the library for this. Or you can make the multicell fixture in which case you'll need to learn the syntax for cells to control individual cells. The channel will have a master with 36 (.1, .2, .3....) rows attached to each. Type channel of full fixture at full and set @5/80 all bulbs will be full brightness in R80 Primary Blue. Type channel number .1 thru .18 @ 50 and then @5/26 the first half the fixture will go to 50% intensity in R26 red.

And yes, it's normal that EOS is going to assign virtual HSB-I channels to the fixture. Virtual intensity allows you to maintain the color mix you set while adjusting the brightness without having to grab 3 or more individual parameters.

EDITED TO ADD: don't forget to change the operating mode on the fixture. If you're still set for 11channel mode instead of 108ch mode you're going to have weird things happen.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back