The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

L.E.D. not turning off with console...HELP

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by joechappellTD, Jun 14, 2009.

1. joechappellTD

joechappellTD Member

Hi, just bought and installed 2 Chauvet Colorsplash 200b LED fixtures to wash two separate walls. They plug into straight power in the ceiling and then get DMX signal from the OUT port on our last Leprechaun dimmer. But when we turn our (Pearl 2000) console off they turn white and have all lights on at full. How do i stop this, i need to be able to turn the console off.

Joe

2. zac850

zac850 Well-Known Member

Try turning off the units as well. Odds are they have a setting that sends them full white when they loose power. There may be a menu setting to change this. Personally I like to make sure my entire rig is off at night. Flip the breakers for the circuits the units are plugged into, problem solved.

3. joechappellTD

joechappellTD Member

True about the power thing, except its a little more complicated due to breakers sharing with other things. Is there a menu option that will fix this?

4. porkchop

porkchop Well-Known Member

Reading the manual it looks like you have two choices, figure out a way to power off the fixtures, or let them stay on in all white and depend on the 100k hour lifetime (ie a little over 11 and a half years if you believe the manufacture lifetime claim).
    We had Coemar units that had similar behavior (they were all white till they got DMX then held last DMX value) and we let them stay on over cutting power.
    In your situation I bet the heat from a constant running fixture will be a problem so I'd say you need to figure out a way to cut power to these fixtures, but if you have to leave them on over night a couple times to figure out a good way it shouldn't hurt them.

Side note: Chauvet decided to call it a LEDsplash on their website here's the link if you're interested http://www.chauvetlighting.com/ledsplash-200b.html

5. len

len Well-Known Member

A lot of lower end products go sound active, etc., when they lose data. Some have fixes, some not. Do you drop all the channels to 0 before shutting off the console?

6. AaronS102

AaronS102 Member

Its probley doing the same thing my 2 chauvet led shadows do when the dmx controller is turned off. These fixtures automaticaly determine if they are getting dmx or if they need to use stand alone/master slave mode. What the lights do in stand alone/master slave mode is determined by the dip switches (the same ones thet set the dmx address). On mine, when the console goes off the 1st one goes into stand alone/master slave mode and does what the dip swith setting tells it. The 2nd one in line fall in slave mode and copies the 1st. Sounds like whatever dmx address your fixture is on translates to full on white in stand alone.