La Maitre remote Q

menicsax

Hi , guys just got on the site, working for Museum Vic as a interactive tech doing starwars down here in Melbourne, got a question to ask about a new La Maitre fogger. A couple of other guys have put this unit that runs to a Macky, timing all comes from there but they haven't used the remote that came with it can the the remote be pluged in as well as the DMX line to the macky and time - duration etc be alted from there?
Thanks in advance

Welcome to Control Booth. I'm moving your question to the special effects forum. The new member forum is for saying hello and telling us about yourself. Many of our members don't read it. So you'll have a better chance of getting your question answered in Special effects.

Sorry I can't help. My first answer in situations like this is have you contacted the manufacturer?

Ah, you work for musem Vic, I went up last week, it seems you guys really like Selecon Pacifics, I love em!

I have never used the fogger you are talking about, but most can take the remote and the DMX at the same time. I'm not 100% sure about this model in particular, so maybe ask the guys that put it in. Re-Introduce yourself in the new member section and you can re-introduce yourself.

Nick

I do not believe it is possible to use both controls concurrently or have one learn from the other.

Assuming it's a "Stage Fogger", then I think this part of the manual answers your question:

2) Select the DMX address assigned to the Stage Fogger DMX by using the DMX ADDRESS thumbwheel selector lo[-]a[/-]cated on the rear of the Stage Fogger DMX. If a valid DMX signal is avail(a)ble then the Stage Fogger DMX ignores the settings on the standard remote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back