Conventional Fixtures Labelling S4's

Those colors are easy to remember, but in my theater, anything with red or yellow tape is an indicator for malfunctioning equipment. If it's got red or yellow, it can't be used.

How do you label a S4 as not working? Is it possible to tag out a S4? Seems like an easy thing to miss.

Hollywood SOP is White tape for non functioning equipment.

From derekleffew:
I propose the following, with apologies to non-Americans. Either painting or colored E-tape on the colorframe holders.
19°-Red
26°-White
36°-Blue
50°-Yellow

This does make an easy to remember order!

Or even easier to remember (at least for me)

19 - Red
26 - Green
36 - Blue
50 - White

Just because it's easy for me to remember RGBW because I use it in reference to so many LED lights. And to take a light out of action is Orange (usually of safety orange fame)

And I would still write the degree on the barrel with a paint pen, either in same color or in silver.

Or even easier to remember (at least for me)

19 - Red
26 - Green
36 - Blue
50 - White

Just because it's easy for me to remember RGBW because I use it in reference to so many LED lights. And to take a light out of action is Orange (usually of safety orange fame)

And I would still write the degree on the barrel with a paint pen, either in same color or in silver.

This one place I work has cool yellow and black tape that says "damaged" all over and "NFG" stickers (that actually have something to do with ORD but get used for non-airfreight stuff by crews all the time). I always have used 2" white gaff as a "damaged" indicator. you can then write on there whats wrong, or just send it to the shop as is.

The RWBY makes sense to me because I rig. Generally red=5,white=10,blue=20 and yellow=30. The numbers aren't the same but the smallest to largest pattern is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back