LC2412 Sound To Light (STL) -- what am I missing?!

Ted O

I'm new to lights and new to my LC2412. (Please, let's not diss the board -- I get it, but it's what I have to work with so, let's move on.)
I can get basic functionality working -- Previews (bankA), Memory (B), etc. Now I'm trying to set up Sound To Light (STL) and all I'm getting is the "pause" memory, which sounds to me like it thinks there's no music input. Here's what I've got:
* I plugged the audio cable into a small amp to verify sound is coming out of the cord; it is.
* On a tip from another forum (sorry), I tried the footswitch input (it seems someone had a mis-labeled back-of-unit.) I'm currently back at Audio-In that matches the image in the manual.
* I have set-up M9-M12 (bankB), and can test with SOLO and flash buttons -- they do as desired.
- I put these all in Bank 0, which is the currently selected bank.
* SOLO off, I set the M9-M12 sliders to mid-level.
* Master & Bank-B sliders are full-on.
* Most everything else is off or slider-down.
* I press/activate the STL button.

Expected results: The lights change around M9-12 per the sound coming out of my mixer.

Actual results: The lights are static in the M9 (PAUSE) configuration, leading me to think that there's no sound triggering STL.

Are there other buttons I need to activate? Other sliders that need to be up? Other tests I can run? Something?!?!

Haaaaaaalp! :)
Thanks.

LOL! Ok, nevermind -- d'oh! I'm leaving this up (rather than deleting), for the next n00b that is as stymied as I am.
I had the volume of my mixer set to "listen in the kitchen" levels, rather low. I bumped it up to "performance" volume, and everything works just fine.

Now to go look if I can find the pre-fader out on my Mixer! :)

Anyway, thanks for tolerating my silly n00b questions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back