So Penton sent an early registration email clearly for 2018 but the links are to 2017, all say 2017, and don't let you register for 2018. This whole computer thing is simply an excuse for incompetency.
@gafftaper And there are also posters who purport to be a detail person yet respond with annoyance steadfastly defending, excusing and refusing to edit and correct blatant (and / or non-obvious) typo's in their posts even when contacted regarding their oft' times confusing posts usually blaming 'fat fingers on a tiny touch screen and / or keypad'. To quote @TimMc [Who has my utmost respect] : "I'm only saying . . ."
So this will be my first time at LDI. To say I'm excited, is an understatement. I have enrolled in courses, which are being taught by the authors of the books I read when I first got bit by the lighting bug. I have also enrolled in the backstage club tours. Really looking forward to seeing Omnia in full swing.
So my questions to the LDI veterans.
1. Where in the conference center are these classes held? I tried looking at a convention map, but can't seem to find the rooms listed.
2. Any tips to make the visit more enjoyable?
3. Any must see or do things?
4. Are there places to eat within walking distance of the conference center?
5. Do the vendors sell or better yet, give away swag?
6. I was thinking of purchasing an Avolites Mobile, should I wait until the show for special show pricing?
There are plenty of mediocre food options in the convention center. The closest source of decent food is the Westgate Hotel next door... But that's a LONG walk. I went over for lunch my first time at LDI and never again. I tend to have a big breakfast, skip lunch or just get a small snack, and then go out for an amazing dinner.
Okay another question for the LDI vets. I registered for the 6 pack of classes for the LDInnovation conference. I can't seem to find a way to schedule these using the Dashboard site they send you to. Do you not have to register for these and just walk in when it's scheduled to be in session?
There's one one the strip at the Linq now, but thats still almost 2 miles from the conference center.
It's a short walk to the strip, with lots of offerings.